It will be great to see how this top would look like on women in sizes XS-S, XL-3XL, and therefore I’m looking for motivated testers.
Sizes available to test: test is closed, crochet pattern published on Ravelry
Time of completion: 20-30 hours depending on your speed and size (this garment can be completed within 6 days if you can crochet 4 hours a day).
Original yarn: 100 % cotton 340 m/100gr; 372 yards/3.5 oz; fingering-weight; 4 ply; 1 or Super Fine.
Check yarn weight here: http://www.ravelry.com/help/yarn/weights
Suitable yarn for this project: cotton or linen Fingering weight /4 ply /between 320 and 360 m per 100 gr/between 350 and 394 yards per 3.5 oz. Examples: Lindy-chain, Eulali, Summerlite-4ply, Mandarin-petit, Panama, Monaco-baby, Mayflower-cotton-8-4, etc. This top can be made with Aunt-Lydia’s-crochet-thread size-3 provided that your gauge fits.
Total yardage: from 600 yards for bust 80 cm/31.5” and cropped length till 1000 yards for bust 118 cm/46.5” slightly longer. Please make sure you have enough yarn before agreeing to test (without waiting for yarn delivery).
Hook: I used hook 2.5 mm (you can try hook B or C).
Gauge: crochet rows of double crochet stitches (dc in American crochet terms), block and measure your swatch. The width of 23 dc in 11 rows = 10 cm x 10 cm (almost 4’’ x 4’’). Obtaining correct width is critical! It is better to work 25-27 dc and measure the central 23 dc. If the width is correct, but the length of rows is smaller use a bigger hook and vice versa. If your swatch was wider than stated take a thinner yarn and vice versa.
What can be altered during the test:
– Length of top – make it as a crop top or up to your waist.
– You can decrease for tight fit or make it straight between bust and waist.
What cannot be changed during the test: not specified so far
Pattern for testers:
All testers will receive written instructions in American crochet terms for their bust measurements and without charts. It is not a photo tutorial! Instructions will be sent in 4 parts:
- Upper part of yoke = first 11 rounds (duration 3-5 hours)
- Bottom of the yoke = rounds 12-23 (duration 5-8 hours)
- Front and back crocheted separately and then joined together = rows 24-33 (duration 2-4 hours)
- Front and back crocheted in one piece and worked 10 cm/4” under your bust (duration 10-13 hours) Completing, washing, taking photos of this part and sending them to me is considered as the end of this test!
- You can crochet this top longer (any time)
When one part is completed please send me photo (s) showing your current result so I can send you next part and be sure that you are on track. Test is finished after I have received photo(s) of part 4 (just as shown in the photo above). No further parts of this pattern will be sent to testers who are behind schedule without writing excusable delay.
My usual way of describing the stitches: at first I state how many stitches, and then I write what kind of stitches to work, for example: 2 ch, 1 sc in 1 dc. Some designers describe the same stitches the other way round (ch2, sc1 in dc) and I kindly ask you not to change my way :).
The final pattern will be sent to all testers who have completed their projects within the stated time and uploaded their photo (s) to Ravelry. It will include written instructions for sizes XS-2XL and charts that I’ll draw after this test has been completed. This will be a paid pattern (priced up to $7), 5 written pages plus charts.
Requirements for testers of this garment:
– You love crocheting garments (or want to make your first one) and you have enough patience to complete this project.
– Your bust measurements are within the stated range. Please write your bust circumference and height when applying for this test. To this info please attach one photo of your completed and blocked swatch taken along with the measuring tape/or lineal/or gauge testing tool. You can send me 2 photos with the measuring tape – one that shows the amount of stitches in rows and another – the length of rows. Photos of yarn can be uploaded to Ravelry or Conceptcreative TESTING group. First part of this pattern will be sent to you upon receiving this information.
– Please let me know how many hours a day you can crochet.
– You agree to include photo (s) of your completed project on Ravelry and state used yarn and hook. Please link your project to the published pattern within 1 week after receiving respective note from me. I kindly ask you to write me your Ravelry account when applying for this test. Please do not apply if you participated in any previous conceptcreative.store-test projects and have not received the PDF with the final pattern version (proving that you have finished the previous test).
Copyrights: You agree not to retype, transmit, reproduce, publish or otherwise use for commercial purposes parts of my instructions.
Compensation: The final version of the pattern with permission to sell what you make. All crocheters who show their final results within 6 days after receiving the first part will receive 20% off on one of my crochet patterns of their choice.
Please send me a direct message with all required info if you are interested to participate.
Thank you and happy crocheting!